Thursday, June 18, 2015

Let the adventure begin!


-->
Hi! This is Susanna, a junior going on the trip. We are so close to taking off! Everyone is buzzing around, taking care of last minute details and packing up. It’s hard to believe that we leave the day after tomorrow, and that this is really happening. After months of planning, preparation, and prayer, our trip is here!
One of the hardest parts of getting ready for me was not over packing. So many times I thought, What if…?, which lead to a mountain of junk I would have never needed, and  that I had to whittle down. Essentially, we are camping in a teacher family’s house. So of course, the necessary items such as air mattresses and light sleeping bags were squeezed in along our clothes, resulting in a need for creative packing methods. All my socks are stuffed in a drinking glass.
It’s been interesting packing for a Muslim county, especially since I’ve never been to one. We girls are bringing along head scarves and long sleeves, but for most of the time t-shirts and shorts will be just fine. I am very excited to meet new people and experience a totally different culture, but also very nervous. Will I say the wrong thing? Unknowingly offend someone? Experience an awkward language barrier? Most likely, but I would rather make a mistake than never step out on a limb. When we allow God to take us out of our comfort zones, amazing things will happen. Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
That comforts me a lot. We don’t have to struggle through life alone. Life will still be a struggle, but what joy it is to have Jesus with us!
I am so excited to see how God uses our trip to reach Indonesia! I earnestly believe that God is going to do something great. This is going to be an adventure for the books, folks. Not everyone can go on a mission trip, or donate money, or items, but everyone can pray. Please keep us in your prayers and hearts for the next two weeks. It really means a lot to God, and us.
The blog will be updated throughout the trip so check back every day or so to get the scoop!







No comments: