Friday, December 23, 2011

Water Hazard!

On Friday my friend Shane and I headed out to a really nice golf course here in PKU called Labersa. It is a great course that I had been wanting to play for a long time. It is pretty spendy so I have not done it yet since I can play our course on camp for $3 U.S. pretty much any time I want. However on Fridays Labersa now has a 1/2 price promotion that finally lured me in.

While the course was great, my golf game, less so. On the 12th hole I hit my tee shot into a water hazard, of which this course has many. After I dropped and finished out the hole I saw that my ball had come to rest on a little sand peninsula at the edge of the water. I hustled around to the other side of the hazard so I could walk out and retrieve the ball, after all it was a Titleist! It was just sitting there waiting for me to go and get it. The peninsula looked just like what you would see when the tide recedes on the beach.

I was anxious to get the ball quickly so Shane and I could keep going. I failed to test the consistency of what I was about to walk on and low and behold I sank thigh deep into essentially quicksand. Boy was I surprised! It was quite the shock. I was able to get myself out but was covered in sandy mud. I am sure the shock on my face was pretty funny. My caddy drove me back to building which had a water spicket and I proceeded to rinse myself off. My shoes were completely full of mud and socks were not the color of my skin not the white they should have been. Bless my caddy's heart, she didn't laugh at me even though I was laughing at myself. Luckily the only people to see it where Shane and the caddies. I am sure they had a good laugh back at the caddy shack about the boule who fell in the mud.

1 comment:

Elaine Eaton said...

Was the ball really worth that much? Wait till you get home to this golf nut family.... I'm not sure I would have told anyone. Thanks for making me laugh... I could just picture you.