Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Day

Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.

James 1:27

I am sure some of you saw my facebook challenge. We need to raise some rent to help these kids get in a new safe home. John and I are looking for six people who are willing to pay $333.00 to cover two months rent for this orphanage. We will match the first six people. This will allow the orphanage to be in a safe building rent free for two years. If you feel the call to help please email me at kathigetzingercas@gmail.com and I will give you the details. We will gladly accept any size of donation and will match it dollar for dollar up to the needed amount.

The pictures below are of the current orphanage. They have been asked to leave the building because the owner would like to sell it. Can you imagine someone wanting to buy it? Obviously, I will not sleep well till they are in a safe home with better conditions.

John and I are hoping to find a church or a non profit that would be willing to adopt this orphanage. If you have any connections please let me know. This is a Christian orphanage and as you can imagine it is not easy for them for many reasons. I wish I could explain to you in words how amazing these kids are. They are extremely talented and smart. They are constantly singing praise song. Being around them reminds me a bit of the VanTrap family in The Sound of Music.

The orphanage can not give them a lot of material things but they are giving them a firm solid Christian foundation. If you have ever wanted to make a difference for Christ in a country he is not readily accepted here is your chance. Please join me in praying for these amazing kids. I hope to introduce you to them over the next few weeks.

Kade with his buddy Joseph.

Everyone helps out with the new baby Samuel.

Bedroom.

Living Area.

Study area and doors to the bedrooms.

The bathroom.

The Stove.

The kitchen.

The open well just outside their main living area.

No comments: