Friday, January 14, 2011

Ballet Class







I have tried for over a year to get Brooklyn in a ballet class. Today I was finally successful. Brooklyn started ballet lessons at Wulan Dance Academy in Pekanbaru. The school is run by a former Chinese ballet dancer. She is a tough cookie and runs a pretty tight ship, which is perfect for our little ballerina.

Initially, the teacher was quite concerned that Brooklyn might be upset because the class is taught in Indonesian and Chinese. She went as far as going to going outside and getting my driver to explain it to me in English that she did not think I wanted Brooklyn in the class. Our driver just smiled and tried to explain that Yoyo would do fine.I told her I wasn't worried because Brooklyn could figure out what to do by watching. I don't think she believed me.


Brooklyn has always had an amazing sense of rhythm and body awareness. She loves to copy dances she sees on TV. Brooklyn had no problem keeping up with the class. The teacher was quite surprised how quickly Brooklyn learned the little dances. Overall, it was great experience for everyone. She can hardly wait for next week.


1 comment:

Monica K. said...

Brooklyn is a precious little ballerina! So sweet!