Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dancing with the STARS


At our school "Community Time" which we have about once every other Friday, the 2nd grade students performed a traditional Indonesian Dance complete with costumes. The dance came from North Sumatra. It is a "money dance" (You can come up with your own punch line) which they perform as a way of raising funds for charities. When the dancers are finished with the dance people come and place money between the dancer's outstretched fingers.

Kade really liked the traditional clothing and even though he wouldn't admit it when asked, you could tell by how much he got into the dance that he really enjoyed performing up on the big stage. If you check out the first picture you can see how close the moves and shirts looked like those of the disco era.

This weekend we had the Duri teachers up to our school for a curriculum day. They arrived on Friday afternoon and we had a nice social time that included playing in the pool with the kids, dinner and a movie for the kids and a 80's themed quiz night.

On an aside I just wanted to let all of our Stanwood Bible Study crew know that due to my exposure to your love of everything 80's, my team emerged victorious even though my preferred decade is the 90's. Thanks for all of your training. I knew that 80's knowledge would come in handy sometime!

2 comments:

Gina said...

He was totally digging that!

And the first part of the 90's blew big chunks. I would take the 80's any decade. (And I think you and I are the same age, Kathy!)

Anonymous said...

I want John to perform next month!