Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Paper, Anyone?


 





This little guy was photographed by Sydney.  She and I found it on a weekend trip into the school to grab a few things.  It is a type of tree snake that can puff out its body and glide from tree to tree.  Our science teacher, Mr. Anderson, looked him up and found that he is mildly poisonous.  He is rear fanged which means his venom is pretty weak.  Sydney and I tried to wrangle him with two meter sticks used like giant chop sticks.  When we got him off of the paper roll he missed our waiting container and he slithered between the gaps in the wall.  Syd was pretty bummed out. Anytime you catch a critter here at school you get your picture with it up on the wall with said critter.  I am sure we will have more chances to catch some critters though.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

maybe later...I'm not up on the difference between coral snakes and the harmless ones...

Mike and Rebecca said...

Is it poisonous?

McJason's said...

Ew! You are far braver than I am, Kath. I don't know how you do it w/all of that creepy, crawly stuff. And, may I say that Mr. Snake is a lovely shade of red...yuck! Can't wait to see you soon! :)

Gina said...

Ya' know, I just decided that red is no longer my favorite color....