Friday, October 16, 2009

The Heebie Geebies

Today we came home and our cook told us that we had bugs in some of our food in the pantry. Being unsure what that entailed I went to the pantry to survey the damage. There was an empty spot on one of the shelves. In the place where there had previously been some of our pasta noodles was a black pile of what looked like mud. That was where the little buggers had dove into the boxes of pasta. It was disgusting. I asked our cook if she had found any more. She said she had not. I checked behind a few boxes and I could not find any more. We sprayed the affected area with Raid and then I headed off to go get a haircut.

When I got home I told Kathi what had happened and we do a little more checking around. Sure enough there was another place where the suckers had found their way into. It was much higher then where our cook could have seen. We quickly called pest control which is always an adventure. Pest control here is more like varmint control. They deal with anything from ants to pythons and cobras, to monkeys and pigs. The problem is that they speak very little English. When the guy walked in to check our pantry I am not sure he knew what the problem was because he was carrying something that looked like a badminton racket. Not sure the reason behind it but I am sure if a badminton game broke out he would be ready.

Right away he said it was bad and that we needed to get all of our stuff out of the pantry so they could spray the Termites. OK so the only word he clearly said was "termites." The rest was more like Indonesian Charades but we got the picture. So my oh so helpful buddy Dave came over and helped me move everything out of there. It was a ton of work so his help was greatly appreciated.

So they are coming first thing in the morning to spray the crap out of our pantry. I am sure that what they are using is EPA tested...and failed to meet standard, but those suckers destroyed my Stove Top Stuffing so they can die a horrible death by fumigation.

Pinewood Derby tomorrow so we will be gone when they are eradicating those little turd balls.



No comments: