Thursday, July 30, 2009

We made it to Singapore. It's beautiful. I am having trouble posting so I am going to keep this post short in hopes that I can get it to load.

Today was a lot of fun. We went to the aquarium. The kids were able to pet sting rays, fish, snakes and a big lizard. It was pretty cool. We watched a monkey show and saw one of monkeys that will live by us. I am still a little confused of how monkeys fit into the whole aquarium thing but we will go with it??

We were also able to catch a dolphin show which was really neat. The dolphins were pink. Yes, I am being serious look it up. They were amazing. Brooklyn's highlight was finding a sea shell during the show. She was way more impressed with the shell than the dolphins. The sand is really interesting here. It is light brown almost the color of saw dust. It surprised me a bit. It is lovely. Well, I will do my best to post photos tomorrow. Talk to you all soon. Love, Kathi

3 comments:

Sheri said...

let me know what little part of Sumatra you will be near..sounds good so far--only a few hundred more miles to your new home!

McJason's said...

So excited that you are almost "home." Can't wait for pictures!

Ray said...

I've been to Singapore twice. The first time was in 1967 and the second time was in the summer of 2001. The first time the city wasn't anywhere near as nice as it is now. I had a great time the second time I visited. What I thought was odd was that customs searched our luggage for chewing gum.

Dolphins are my favorite marine animals.

Ray Getzinger